We all know the fact that Apple products as such are damn expensive compared to their android counterparts. Android and iOS are probably the most popular mobile operating systems. While iOS is only limited to Apple products, majority of the other smartphone manufacturers are using android OS. Also, I don’t need to say that android mobiles provide many features and are cost lesser at the same time.
So, if you’re currently using an Android mobile/tab and trying to save some money for buying an iPhone than what I’m going to say is gonna surprise you. Well, you can actually play iOS games and use iOS apps without owning an iPhone! All you need is a latest smartphone running on android operating system and an iOS Emulator.
What is an iOS Emulator
An emulator is software that lets you run the apps and games which were not originally designed to run on your current device. Like for example, in this article we are trying to run apps designed for iPhone on our Android smartphone. The emulator mimics the iPhone environment and makes the iOS app believe that it is in fact running on an Apple device.
Now that you have understood how this whole process works, lets look at the apps which you need to run iPhone apps on your Android phone.
How to run iOS apps on Android device
To be able to use Apple apps on your Google Android device, you can download and install a free iOS emulator apk on your device. You can use either Cider or iEMU application packages for this purpose. You need to download them from third party websites since they’re not available on Google PlayStore.
iEMU is an emulator which emulates an iOS device on your Android phone or tab.
How to install iEMU iOS Emulator .apk file
- First off, download the iEMU .apk file on to your mobile or PC. Here is the iEMU emulator download link
- If you have downloaded it to your PC, then transfer the file to your Android device by connecting it to your computer by a USB cable.
- If you are directly downloading the file to your Android device then before installing the file, go to Settings > Security > Enable App installation from ‘Unknown Sources’
- On your Android device, go to the folder where you save the iEMU .apk file.
- Install the .apk file using the device file manager.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the Padiod app on your mobile. Click on Padiod to begin using iOS apps and games on your Android phone.
This was previously known as Cider. The demo shows that this emulator is quite well designed and easy to use. While it is not currently available for public use, you can go to their website and find more information about the project Cycada: Native Execution of iOS apps on Android.